Its target audience includes people with diabetes and their families, people at high risk of diabetes and diabetes care professionals.
The magazine is published six times a year and has a circulation of about 58 000 copies.
- reliable information about the care and prevention of diabetes and its complications
- plain-language reports of topical research
- practical tips for self-management
- eating advice and recipes
- information about activities of the Finnish Diabetes Association and its local branches.
Regular issues of Diabetes magazine contain 64-80 pages.
The subscription options also include Diabetes as a digital magazine, as a talking magazine on audio cassette, as well as standard issues combined with a Swedish supplement.
Members can take out a subscription to Diabetes for 14 euros a year while non-members pay 40 euros. Health-care units can order thematic issues free of charge for distribution to their customers.
The Head of Communications of the Finnish Diabetes Association is also the Editor of Diabetes. The magazine has its own Sub-Editor. A separate Translator-Editor is responsible for producing the Swedish supplement. Contact details.
Reader polls are utilized to enhance the contents of the magazine. In addition, smaller-scale reader surveys are performed. The readership is also encouraged to give informal feedback to the editors.